HEADINGLEY is one of the most sought after suburbs in Leeds, and this modern two bedroom apartment puts you right in the centre of this vibrant community. Find out what makes Headingley such an amazing place to live.
The Leeds suburb of Headingley is an ideal place to live for young professionals, with shops, eateries and bars within walking distance, and great transport links meaning Leeds city centre is easily reached by bus and train. Headingley is also home to Carnegie Stadium, Leeds Beckett University Campus and many green spaces including Beckett Park and Beckside Gardens. Headingley is also neighboured by other great suburbs including Weetwood, Kirkstall, Bramley and Chapel Allerton. Headingley has a great community spirit, and provides the perfect mix of suburban and city living.
The spacious lounge area of this apartment provides a bright and open space to both eat and relax, with fitted carpets and a Juliet balcony, that lets in plenty of fresh air. The fully equipped modern kitchen is separated from the lounge area with vinyl flooring, and features an integrated oven/hob, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer, providing everything you need in one convenient place.
This apartment has two double bedrooms, both with fitted carpet, with the master bedroom featuring fitted wardrobes and an ensuite bathroom. The main bathroom is clean-finished and includes a white three-piece suite and shower over bath.
Where to eat & drink
- Jino’s – nowhere does Thai food as well as Leeds, and this little cafe on Otley Road produces some of the best in the city, from classic Pad Thai to Thai curries at great prices, and you can even bring your own drinks!
- The Original Oak – a classic pub with a great atmosphere, and an extremely impressive beer garden which is more like a park, this place is packed on a warm summers day
- Art & … The Secret Cafe – true to its name, this unique cafe is a hidden gem of the suburb, with eye-catching art work hanging on the walls, where you can grab a quick coffee or lose yourself for an afternoon in the back garden
- Sebby’s Deli – whether you want breakfast, lunch or supper, Sebby’s will sort you out with their delicious range of food. Make sure you try their award-winning coffee and Italian flatbreads with a multitude of mouth-watering fillings
- Beer Ritz – pop into this shop to pick up some of the best craft beer in the whole country! Beer Ritz is a specialist beer shop so you can count on them for top quality
- The Agora – Headingley offers a vast range of cuisines, with The Agora serving amazing authentic Greek and Turkish food with an atmosphere to match
- The Fisherman’s Wife – Headingley is famed for its fish & chips, with The Fisherman’s Wife on Weetwood Lane serving fish battered to perfection for the past 50 years
- Salvo’s – with both local and national acclaim, Salvo’s is not one to miss! Cooking up exquisite Italian dishes in their homely Salumeria cafe, it’s not hard to see why everybody raves about this restaurant!
- Arcadia – this pub stands out from the rest as one of the few that doesn’t partake in the famous Otley Run, with craft beers and real ales sourced locally and globally, and staff who really know their stuff
- Shake It – a hugely popular 50s throwback cafe serving the most amazing milkshakes in every flavour possible, along with other American sweet treats
- Artisian Bakery – brining back proper independent bakeries that will lure you in with the smell of freshly baked bread, as well as cakes, pies and much more
- Love Rouge Bakery – a vintage haven serving adorable cakes and a range of delightful teas, as well as the perfect full afternoon tea experience
- Sukothai – one of the finest offerings of Thai food for miles, you must visit Sukothai for amazing authentic dishes full of flavour and zest!
Other best bits
- Centre of sports – Headingley is at the heart of sport in Leeds, with Headingley Stadium and Cricket Ground backing onto one another and are home to two of the region’s most loved sporting sides – Leeds Rhinos and Yorkshire County Cricket
- Beckett Park – an impressive area of lush greenery, perfect for an afternoon stroll, a peaceful lie down in the sun or even a place for a jog
- Cottage Road Cinema – the oldest independent cinema in Leeds showing motion picture since 1912, and showing no signs of slowing down, with a small but carefully curated programme of films
- Otley Run – probably one of the most famous bar crawls in the country, starting from Woodie’s Ale House, going through The Skyrack, Headingley Taps, The Original Oak and The Three Horseshoes and ending in town
- Charity shops – Headingley has an abundance of charity shops that are anything but boring, where you can find books, music and fashion for an absolute steal
- J R R Tolkein’s old residence – It’s a well known fact that JRR Tolkein once lived in Leeds, and it is here at 2 Darnley Road where the inspirations for his world of Middle-Earth began to take shape
- Headingley Castle – bet you didn’t know Headingley had a castle! Named The Elms since the 19th century, the castle is set within impressive grounds just behind The Original Oak
- The Bear Pit – Headingley once has a Zoological and Botanical Gardens back in 1840, with the brown bear’s home still being visible today on Cardigan Road
- HEART centre– Headingley Enterprise and Arts Centre is a place for local business and creatives to make their next steps, run by local residents with a lovely cafe and a host of regular events