Halloween is quickly creeping up on us, and its the perfect excuse to have some fun and dress up for a night! Here we have a round up of all the best Halloween events in Yorkshire, whether you’re looking for a fun family event or a crazy night out, there’s something for everyone!
Family-friendly fun (half term week)
Nights Out (all 29 October)
Do you want the peace and quiet of suburban living, but still close enough to enjoy Yorkshire’s best towns and cities? Then living in the town of Elland in the south of Halifax is the ideal place for you! We currently have two stunning apartments that will give you the best of everything.
Both two bedroom apartments feature a spacious open-plan living area, creating the perfect space to both eat and relax, with a modern kitchen featuring maple units and stainless steel oven/hob, fridge/freezer and washing machine. The two double bedrooms in the apartments are fitted with carpet and offer plenty of space for storage opportunities, whilst the tiled bathroom is complete with a white three-piece suite including shower over bath, and fitted with vinyl flooring. The apartments also benefit from gas central heating, TV and telephone points, carpets and blinds, as well as allocated parking spaces.
The Westbury Fold development is situated within a beautifully converted mill in the lovely market town of Elland, just south of Halifax. The M62 is located close by offering easy access to Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield and Huddersfield, making this property ideal for commuters who still want the suburban lifestyle. As well as having towns and cities within easy reach, you’ll also be just half an hour from the stunning Peak District National Park.
The apartment is a short walk from Elland high street which boasts plenty of shops, supermarkets, pubs and eateries, so you’ll be within easy reach of everything you need! Halifax itself also has plenty to offer including shopping centres, entertainment venues, restaurants, night life, a cinema and much more!
Best of Elland
- Hullen Edge Park and Elland Cricket Club
- Elland Golf Club and Course
- The Elland Brewery
- Indigo Bar & Restaurant
- La Cachette (French bistrot)
- The Caddy Shack Bar & Grill
- Cobbles Cafe & Ice Cream Bar
- Gatsby Cocktail Bar
- Rex Cinema
- New Hall Therapies
- Lippylicious Tea Room
- The Barge and Barrel
- The Calderdale Way walk
Do you dream of living by the seaside? Then this lovely two bedroom home in the village of Cayton in the seaside town of Scarborough is a dream come true!
This cosy two bedroom home is ideal for small families, featuring a spacious open-plan living area that make the perfect space for the whole family to eat and relax. The lounge area is fitted with carpet and a large window creates a bright space. The stylish kitchen has white high glossunits and oak-effect worktops, complete with an oven/hob and vinyl flooring.
This property features one double bedroom and one single, both are spacious and bright due to the large windows, whilst the soft fitted carpet creates a cosy feel. A modern tiled bathroom is complete with a white three-piece suite including shower over bath, and a separate W.C is located on the ground floor, easing the morning rush. The property also benefits from a private rear garden and an off-road parking space.
This stunning property is ideally located within the popular Springhill Meadows development in Cayton, a beautiful village just 4 miles south from the seaside town of Scarborough. The property is just a short distance from many amazing beaches including the more peaceful Cayton Bay, Filey, Cornelian Bay, and Scarborough’s North and South Bays. Other amazing sites and days out within easy reach are Flamborough Head, Bridlington, Dalby Forest, North Riding Forest Park and the North York Moors National Park, as well as the city of York. You’ll be spoilt for choice!
Cayton has a friendly community spirit, and is well serviced by regular buses, and the Seamer railway station is just 5 minutes away. The village also has great local schools, independent shops and eateries, green spaces and family-friendly pubs, offering the perfect village setting within easy reach of one of the country’s best seaside destinations.
What to do
- Peasholm Park – a stunning oriental-themed park with beautiful gardens, lakes and fun activities
- Scarborough Beach – The North Bay is more quiet and peaceful, whilst the South Bay is lively with plenty of arcades and fun seaside activities
- Scarborough Castle – discover the fascinating history of the town’s castle which also offers incredible views
- Cayton Bay – a peaceful beach, more untouched than Scarborough’s beaches, with a surf shop, snack bar, car park, and it’s dog-friendly too!
- The Spa – North Yorkshire’s premier entertainment venue, host to the infamous Scarborough Jazz festival and fantastic events all year round
- Playdale Farm Park – a delightful park with a farm and animals, making the perfect day out for families
- Scarborough Open Air Theatre– the largest in Europe with an impressive list if past acts
- Sea Life Sanctuary – get up close and personal with amazing sea creatures from sharks to penguins, rays to turtles
- Go Ape – swing through the trees in this amazing adventure park in the nearby Dalby Forest