Here at Space Property, we offer a range of different rent types on our properties to suit people in all different situations. Whether you’re struggling to rent on the open market, want to save for a deposit or can rent on the open market, we have something for everyone!
Affordable Rent Scheme
The Affordable Rent Scheme is a government run scheme that are offers properties at 80% of the open market value. The scheme is aimed at those who are unable to rent on the open market.
There are certain criteria you must meet in order to be eligible for an Affordable Rent property. To qualify, you must:
- Have a household income of no more than the average for your area, and more than 30 times the monthly rent amount (see individual properties for specific details)
- Be able to pass a credit check
- Be in permanent employment
- Not be in receipt of Housing Benefit/ Local Housing Allowance
- Have the funds available for: one months rent in advance, administration fee and the bond
The Affordable Rent Scheme has a simple online application form to fill out, and we determine which applicants are successful based on a point scoring system to identify those who are most in housing need. After you have been offered a property, you can then view your new home and reserve. We offer this scheme on many new build homes, so you can live in a brand new home!
Here is current Affordable Rent property we have available on a new build site in Upton near Pontefract; a three bedroom home with driveway and garden for only £496pcm!
Market Rent properties are available to anyone in permanent employment and who meet the minimum household income (30 times the monthly rent). These properties are perfect for those who can afford to rent on the open market.
We offer market rent on a variety of homes from new to old, city centre to suburbs, so there’s something to suit every taste! One of our current market rent properties is this stunning two bedroom apartment in Chapel Allerton, Leeds with separate kitchen, lounge and dining rooms, patio area, white goods, ensuite and parking, all for just £800pcm!
Match Deposit Scheme
The Match Deposit scheme is a one of a kind scheme. Not only will it help you move into a property, we will contribute towards your deposit to purchase your new home!
The Match Deposit scheme offers you the opportunity to:
- Move into one of our properties immediately
- Rent it at a low affordable rent whilst making savings toward a deposit
- Have your savings matched by Yorkshire Housing, helping toward a deposit
You are expected to save at least £520 per annum towards your deposit and we will ask to see proof of your savings every year. Yorkshire Housing will match your deposit up to £5,200 to purchase the property.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a first time buyer (or returning to the market)
- Not be earning more than £45,000 in your household
- Unable to buy a home because you are unable to raise a deposit
- Over 18 years of age
- Able to secure a mortgage if you had a deposit
- Not have your name on a mortgage and own no other property
This is a fantastic opportunity to live in lovely home with a low rent whilst saving money to purchase you’re own home! This scheme is only offered on a select number of developments, mainly in the York area, but is a great help to get on the property ladder in quite an expensive area.
We currently have one property available on this amazing scheme; a modern two bedroom apartment just 5 minutes from York city centre, close to Monks Cross Shopping Centre. This will go quickly, so don’t miss out!