Often overlooked in favour of its city neighbours, the town of Huddersfield actually has a lot to offer and makes a great place to live! Whilst you get much more for your money, you’ll also have access to great shops, bars, restaurants and entertainment venues.
Whilst being located in Huddersfield’s town centre, but on a quiet street away from the main hustle and bustle, this modern 2 bedroom apartment at Roseda House is the ideal place to call home. And compared to cities like Leeds and Wakefield nearby, you definitely get a lot more for you money, with this apartment being just £450pcm!
Inside the apartment, is a stylish kitchen fitted with beautifully finished cream units and dark walnut effect worktops, fully equipped with integrated oven/hob, fridge/freezer and washing machine. The separate living area is bright and spacious with enough room for dining table and chairs.
The property comprises of two spacious bedrooms, one double and one single, both fitted with carpet. The part-tiled house bathroom is finished to a high standard, with white three-piece suite including shower over bath.
Situated to the north of Huddersfield town centre, Roseda House is ideally located in a quiet area, but within walking distance of all the town has to offer. Right on the doorstep are a number of great restaurants and bars, as well as the Castlegate Retail Park and Tesco Superstore. Huddersfield also has the Kingsgate, Packing Horse, and Piazza Shopping Centres, so you won’t need to venture far to find all your favourite stores!
Huddersfield also has plenty of culture to offer, with its own art gallery and library, as well as the Lawrence Batley Theatre and St Paul’s Hall music venue. Whilst you may not expect it, Huddersfield does have a great nightlife, with plenty of independent and chain bars and restaurants to enjoy on an evening. On the outskirts of the town centre you’ll also find the John Smith’s Stadium, an Odeon cinema, and the beautiful Greenhead Park.
Roseda House is perfectly situated for commuters, with the train station being just a 5 minute walk away, which means you can be in Leeds city centre in less than 20 minutes, and Bradford and Wakefield in 40 minutes. Huddersfield is also just a 20 minute drive away from the stunning Peak District National Park, perfect if you fancy a break out in nature. There are also many beautiful villages nearby for a lovely day out, such as Meltham and Holmfirth.
Best restaurants and bars
- Thai Sakon – delicious Thai food
- Apadana – authentic Persian cuisine
- Lost Property – a mix of Eastern European food
- The Ephesus – Turkish bar and grill
- Med-One – tasty Lebanese dishes
- Magic Rock Tap – a local favourite with excellent beer selection
- Bar Maroc – Moroccan style restaurant and bar with delicious cocktails
- Zephyr Bar & Kitchen – great atmosphere and reasonable prices
- The Grove – real ale pub and craft beer specialist
- Upmarket Sundays Open Market – 2nd Sunday of every month – New Street
- The Alternative Market – 2nd Sunday of every month – New Street
- Vintage and Craft Fair – 4th Sunday of every month – Byram Arcade
- Holmfirth Film Festival – 20 to 26 May – Holmfirth
- Comedy Cellar – 15 June – Lawrence Batley Theatre
- Huddersfield Carnival – 7 to 9 July – St George’s Square
- Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival – 3 to 6 August – St George’s Square