With the big day only one month away, we’re kicking off our Christmas blog series with some present ideas! It’s hard every year to think of something original to buy your family and friends, but our list of local shops in Yorkshire will provide those special and unique gifts that you can guarantee nobody else will have!
- Great Yorkshire Shop, Corn Exchange: Support Yorkshire producers by purchasing your Christmas presents here! They sell Henderson’s Relish, leaf tea from Sheffield’s Birdhouse Tea Company, and natural skincare products from Whitby’s Sweet Cecily’s
- The Traditional Shaving Company, Grand Arcade: For all your bearded friends, pick up an old school wet shave kit or some top-notch products to keep their beard in place
- Chirpy, Chapel Allerton: a creative design store and workshop where you can find some unique home accessories and even take part in some workshops to learn how to do it yourself!
- Little Leeds Beer House, Corn Exchange: A haven for craft beers with an extensive selection of the finest beers from Yorkshire and beyond!
- On The Wall, Boar Lane: You can find everything here from classic film posters to artsy prints, trendy t-shirts to incredible canvases
- OK Comics, Briggate: Know a comic fanatic? Get yourself to OK Comics where they offer an impression selection of classic comics and graphic novels
- Armadillo Toys, Chapel Allerton and Horsforth: The best independent toyshop in Leeds and a child’s dream! You’ll find a vast range of old school and modern toys to keep children entertained over Christmas
- Yellow Sunrise, Corn Exchange: When you step into this magical shop you’ll want to buy every single one of its Japanese and Moroccan goodies!
- The Inkwell, Gillygate: A hipster’s paradise with old-school vibes, filled with vinyl records and pop culture oddities
- Fraser & May, Bridge Street: A shabby chic boutique providing the perfect unique gifts for Christmas including furniture, jewellery and vintage prints
- Monkbar Chocolatiers, Shambles: Your chocolate-loving friends and family will appreciate the delicious handmade chocolates from one of the most well-establish chocolatiers in the city
- Rafi’s Spicebox, Goodramgate: Your foodie friends will love anything you buy them from here! A family run businesses with a tantalising selection of spices and ingredients to make authentic Indian dishes
- Snowhome, Gillygate: You can be sure nobody will have whatever gifts you buy from here, with stunning homewares from small manufacturers and emerging designers
- Burgin’s Perfumery, Coney Street: Step into the past in this traditional perfumery offering 2000 makes from designer brands to independent businesses
- The Yorkshire Soap Company, Blake Street: Give someone the gift of relaxation with handmade soaps and bath salts in an array of sumptuous scents
- The Imaginarium, Blake Street: Next to the YSC you’ll find a store full of bizarre and fascinating trinkets you can guarantee nobody else will have!
- Collard Mason, Devonshire Street: A dark and moody boutique selling clothes, jewellery and homewares from independent designers
- Sheffield Antiques Centre, Broadfield Road: A truly traditional antique shop with an awesome range from trinkets to furniture, all at great prices
- Starmore Boss, Sharrow Vale: For the one who loves a tipple, you’ll find an amazing selection of wines, beers, whiskeys and South Yorkshire’s largest range of tequilas
- MoonKo, Division Street: A bright and quirky independent shop where can find the perfect gifts from home to fashion pieces
- The Record Collector, Fulwood Road: A true institution in Sheffield, pop in for new and second-hand CDs and vinyls, and if you’re lucky you might even catch one of their signings!
- The Famous Sheffield Shop, Ecclesall Road: Celebrating everything that it great about Sheffield, with stunning metalwork pieces, and shop owner Paul who has an impressive knowledge of all things Sheffield
- Hilary & Flo, Ecclesall Road: Venture into the jungle that is Hilary & Flo for quirky interior design pieces from all over the world. Even make a gift yourself in one of their DIY workshops
- Sheffield Skincare Co, Crookes Road: Treat family and friends to some of the incredible skincare products homemade from natural ingredients by founder Megan