Chapel Allerton is the most sought after suburb in Leeds due to its friendly community, village-like feel and amazing array of shops, restaurants and bars, whilst only being a 10 minute journey to Leeds city centre!
Where to live?
Space Property currently has a stunning ground floor, two bedroom apartment on the prestigious Mansion Gate Mews development in the heart of Chapel Allerton. This spacious apartment has a large separate lounge area, fitted with laminate flooring making for easy cleaning, and features a large window creating a bright, open living space. Separate from the lounge is a stylish kitchen/dining area, fitted with white high gloss units and complete with oven/hob and extractor fan, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. The dining area offers space for a table and chairs to enjoy sit down meals,and features a set of French doors opening out onto a beautiful shared patio area.
The apartment comprises of two bedrooms, both fitted with carpet and generously sized, offering plenty of room for storage. The master bedroom additionally benefits from an ensuite bathroom with shower. The main house bathroom features sleek black tiles, and is fitted with a white three-piece suite including shower over bath, as well as mirror over the sink and towel rail. The main living area are fitted with laminate floors, whilst carpets give the bedroom and hall a cosy feel. The apartment also offers parking within communal grounds, secure video entry system, security alarm and boiler room in hallway.
The Mansion Gate Mews development is located a short walk from Chapel Allerton’s high street, and is just a 10 minute journey from Leeds city centre, providing the best of both city and suburban life. Whilst being a suburb, Chapel Allerton is often described as an ‘urban village’ with a friendly community feel, offering unique shops, beautiful parks, excellent restaurants and vibrant bars. The apartment is close to regular bus routes, just over two miles from Burley Park and Leeds train stations, and opposite the Chapel Allerton Hospital. Situated just a few minutes walk away are Potternewton Park, a Lidl and Tesco Express, and the So Pilates centre. Chapel Allerton is also bordered by other great suburbs including Roundhay, Headingley and Meanwood.
Where to go?
- Chapel Allerton Park and Potternewton Park
- Inkwell Arts and Seven Arts centres
- Scott Hall Leisure Centre and Chapel Allerton Tennis, Squash & Gym
- Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Op
- Gledhow Valley Woods, Lake and Allotments
- So Pilates and Yoga Kula
- Cutting Room Creative, Cold Baths and Lucy Craske Health & Beauty Salon
- Independent shops: Armadillo Toys, Chirpy, Angels and Angels Too, Simply Cakes, Casablanca, George & Joseph Cheesemongers, The Pink Banana, The Perfumed Garden
- Bars/pubs: The Mustard Pot, Further North, Kith & Kin, The Regent, The Nags Head, The Woods, Veuve Bar De Champagne, The Pit, Zed Bar
- Restaurants: El Bareto, Sukothai, Pinche Pinche, Siam Oriental, Aagrah, Sami’s, The Mad Greek, Olive Tree, Arti’s, Casa Mia
- Cafes/delis: Cup and Saucer by Opposite, Nichols Vegetarian Deli, Crust & Crumb, The Sunshine Bakery, Wrap and Roll, House of Koko
What to do?
Have you always dreamed of living in a stylish city centre apartment? Do you want to have easy access to everything the amazing city of Leeds has to offer? Then you don’t want to miss out on this stunning one bedroom apartment just 10 minutes walk from Leeds city centre!
The stylish one bedroom apartment comprises of a spacious lounge, which features a set of French doors that lead out onto a private balcony and create a bright and airy living space. Against the rear wall of the space is the contemporary kitchen which is fitted with sleek black units and complete with integrated white goods including oven/hob, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer, providing everything you need in one convenient space. There is also a cupboard located in the hallway providing extra storage space. The two area are separated by carpet in the lounge area and laminate flooring in the kitchen.
The double bedroom has fitted carpet and a large window, letting in plenty of light, and offers plenty of space for storage. The bedroom also benefits from BT and TV points. The beautifully finished, modern bathroom is fitted with sleek grey tiles and a white three-piece including shower over bath, as well as large mirror and electric shaver point. The apartment also features a secure telephone entry system and gas central heating with combi-boiler.
This apartment in the modern Cypress Point development is ideally located just 10 minutes walk from Leeds city centre, ideal for young professionals living in the city or those seeking to embrace the excitement of urban living. This property is just across the road from Lovell Park, and has many great eateries and shops on the door step. The apartment is close enough to the centre to easily access everything it has to offer, but is just far enough from the hustle and bustle. Leeds city centre has many great shopping venues including the new Trinity centre, as well as a thriving restaurant and bar scene, great entertainment and live music venues, with the First Direct Arena and Belgrave Music Hall both being just a few minutes walk from the apartment.
- Lovell Park
- First Direct Arena, Belgrave Music Hall and O2 Academy
- The Grand Theatre & Opera House and West Yorkshire Playhouse
- Jar Mills Studios, The Dance Studio Leeds and Temple of Boom
- The Brunswick, The Reliance and The Greedy Pig
- MOJO, Manahatta, Bar Soba and Verve
- Grand Arcade – The Pit, Roots & Fruits, The Traditional Shaving Company and Lord’s Barbering
- Shopping and restaurants on Briggate, The Headrow and Trinity Centre
- Leeds Kirkgate Market and Corn Exchange
- Leeds Town Hall, Leeds Art Gallery and The Henry Moore Institute
- Restaurants, bars and cinema in The Light and Merrion Centre
Do you want access to Yorkshire’s best cities whilst living in a peaceful suburban area with local amenities and a friendly community feel? Then this two bedroom apartment in the suburb of Pudsey is ideal for you!
This lovely upper floor, two bedroom apartment in a self-contained flat boasts a fabulous open-plan layout, creating a spacious place to both eat and relax. The space is fitted with stunning, wood-effect laminate flooring, which offers both a cosy and stylish element to the room. The contemporary kitchen is fitted with oven/hob, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer, and an extended worktop which could double up as a breakfast bar.
The two spacious bedrooms are fully carpeted and offer plenty of storage space, with the master bedroom benefitting from a fitted double wardrobe. The beautifully finished, part-tiled bathroom has a white three-piece suite including shower over bath, as well as a mirror, heated towel rail and shaver plug. The apartment also benefits from blinds throughout, a secure door entry system, and allocated parking within well-maintained grounds.
The apartment is situated within the modern Sommerville Mews development in the peaceful suburb of Pudsey, conveniently located between Leeds and Bradford which are easily accessible by car (in just 15 minutes), bus or the nearby train station just a few minutes walk away. Pudsey is also close to other great suburbs including Bramley, Woodhall Hills and Horsforth. The apartment is located just a few minutes walk from the main shopping area with supermarkets, shops and eateries, and has plenty of green spaces to relax in such as Westroyd Park.
- New Pudsey Train Station
- Owlcotes centre – Barclays Bank, Asda Supercentre and M&S
- Pudsey Leisure Centre
- Westroyd Park, Queen’s Park and Pudsey Park
- Odeon Cinema Leeds-Bradford
- Woodhall Hills Golf Club
- GO Outdoors Pudsey
- Pudsey Civic Hall
- Food & drink: Gigi’s Italian, 7 Steps, Deeva, Tino’s Italian, Piccolo’s Pizza, Golden Lion, 147 Sports Bar, East Restaurant, Viet Thai
Being environmentally friendly isn’t usually a top priority for most people, but the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer today is helping to put it at the forefront of our minds, and reminding us how important it is to protect our environment. And not only does it help our planet, it also helps us save energy and money! Read on for our type energy saving and conservation tips.
Heating your home
- Layer up with jumpers, blankets and a thicker duvet when it gets cooler instead of switching the heating on
- Having your heating on low constantly saves more money and energy than switching it on and off when needed
- Reduce your thermostat by just 1°C and you could save you more money than you think!
- Use draught excluders to keep the chill out and the heat in
- Turn down the pressure on your power shower
- Take shorter showers and repair any leaky faucets
- Fill the kettle with no more water than you need
- Only do laundry or turn the dishwasher on when they’re full
- Turn the tap off when washing your face, cleaning your teeth, doing the dishes etc.
- Collect rainwater and water plants with used water from boiling pasta or from your bath
Day to day
- Cook a few meals at once to make use of having then oven on
- Use leftovers for another meal
- Wash your clothes at 30°C and air-dry if possible
- Cut down on meat and processed foods
- Combine multiple errands into one trip to save fuel
- Print as little as possible and try paperless banking and e-tickets
- Switch off and un-plug appliances
- Turn off lights when not in use (its not the Blackpool illuminations like your mum always says)
- Walk or bike as much as possible, or try carpooling and taking public transport
- Plant trees, flowers and plants, and start composting
- Reduce use of harmful chemicals which pollute the air and water
- Buy local and organic produce
- Use more natural cleaning and beauty products
- Be more aware of the resources your using including water, heating, travelling etc.
Reduce, reuse and recycle!
- Buy products with minimal packaging
- Cut out littering – this weekend is the Great British Beach Clean!
- Start using reusable bags, containers, water bottles etc.
- Stop using disposables such as razors and kitchen towel
- Buy second-hand books (or go to the library) and other pre-loved items
- Borrow instead of buying and try upcycling clothes and furniture
- Recycle properly and cut down on waste
Do you dream of living by the seaside? Then this lovely two bedroom home in the village of Cayton in the seaside town of Scarborough is a dream come true!
This cosy two bedroom home is ideal for small families, featuring a spacious open-plan living area that make the perfect space for the whole family to eat and relax. The lounge area is fitted with carpet and a large window creates a bright space. The stylish kitchen has white high glossunits and oak-effect worktops, complete with an oven/hob and vinyl flooring.
This property features one double bedroom and one single, both are spacious and bright due to the large windows, whilst the soft fitted carpet creates a cosy feel. A modern tiled bathroom is complete with a white three-piece suite including shower over bath, and a separate W.C is located on the ground floor, easing the morning rush. The property also benefits from a private rear garden and an off-road parking space.
This stunning property is ideally located within the popular Springhill Meadows development in Cayton, a beautiful village just 4 miles south from the seaside town of Scarborough. The property is just a short distance from many amazing beaches including the more peaceful Cayton Bay, Filey, Cornelian Bay, and Scarborough’s North and South Bays. Other amazing sites and days out within easy reach are Flamborough Head, Bridlington, Dalby Forest, North Riding Forest Park and the North York Moors National Park, as well as the city of York. You’ll be spoilt for choice!
Cayton has a friendly community spirit, and is well serviced by regular buses, and the Seamer railway station is just 5 minutes away. The village also has great local schools, independent shops and eateries, green spaces and family-friendly pubs, offering the perfect village setting within easy reach of one of the country’s best seaside destinations.
What to do
- Peasholm Park – a stunning oriental-themed park with beautiful gardens, lakes and fun activities
- Scarborough Beach – The North Bay is more quiet and peaceful, whilst the South Bay is lively with plenty of arcades and fun seaside activities
- Scarborough Castle – discover the fascinating history of the town’s castle which also offers incredible views
- Cayton Bay – a peaceful beach, more untouched than Scarborough’s beaches, with a surf shop, snack bar, car park, and it’s dog-friendly too!
- The Spa – North Yorkshire’s premier entertainment venue, host to the infamous Scarborough Jazz festival and fantastic events all year round
- Playdale Farm Park – a delightful park with a farm and animals, making the perfect day out for families
- Scarborough Open Air Theatre– the largest in Europe with an impressive list if past acts
- Sea Life Sanctuary – get up close and personal with amazing sea creatures from sharks to penguins, rays to turtles
- Go Ape – swing through the trees in this amazing adventure park in the nearby Dalby Forest
The Staithes Art and Heritage festival this weekend has inspired us to discover what arts and heritage the rest of Yorkshire holds. Yorkshire is home to many museums, art galleries and historical landmarks, so why not explore the wonders of this fascinating county!
- The Hepworth, Wakefield – renowned, world-class gallery offering a vibrant social space and a programme of film screenings, talks and events
- The Henry Moore Institute, Leeds – the ultimate gallery for sculpture in the heart of the city
- The Dean Clough Galleries, Halifax – a stunning complex of converted nineteenth century mills now home to 6 amazing galleries
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield – an international centre for modern and contemporary art, with 500 acres of landscape and 60 outdoor sculptures
- Ashley Jackson Art Gallery, Holmfirth – illustrating the life and works of the country’s leading and most successful landscape watercolourists
- York Art Gallery – enjoy a fine display of paintings and ceramics plus a busy events and exhibitions programme
- Gallery Forty-Nine, Bridlington – a fascinating range of paintings, sculptures, jewellery and ceramics by contemporary British artists
- The Civic, Barnsley – one of the town’s landmark creative spaces hosting design-led touring exhibitions from National Galleries, as well as creating unique exhibitions
- Millennium Gallery, Sheffield – the city’s prestigious destination for art, craft and design where you can explore Sheffield’s heritage including it’s famous metalwork
- Woodend Art and Craft Gallery, Scarborough – a contemporary venue featuring edgy and thought-provoking exhibitions, with free entry for all
- Ripley Castle, Harrogate – set in a beautiful location, this historic attraction hosts numerous events year round including archery, falconry, classic car rally, concerts and plays
- Scarborough Castle – discover it’s 2500 years of history defending a prominent headland between two bays with sheer drops to the sea
- Rievaulx Abbey, Helmsley – one of the most complete and impressive abbeys in the country with an interactive museum, surrounded by stunning moorland
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal, Ripon – Yorkshire’s finest Cistercian Abbey ruin with over 10 historics buildings spanning over 800 years of history
- York Minster – the largest Gothic cathedral north of the Alps, with traces of every age from the Roman occupation
- Beverley Minster – a Gothic masterpiece with a long and dark history, home to tombs that attracted pilgrims from far and wide
- Eden Camp, Malton – transports you back to wartime Britain, house in an original prisoner of war camp
- Kelham Island Museum, Sheffield – showcasing the infamous steel city’s industrial story, from early industrialisation to modern times
- Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, Keighley – enjoy a ride on The Railway Children’s railway through the heart of Brontë Country
- Sewerby Hall and Gardens, Bridlington – set in 50 acres of 19th century parkland on a dramatic cliff-top position, with stunning views, award-winning gardens and the heritage of the grand hall
Want the best of both city and suburban life in Leeds? Then this part-furnished, one bedroom apartment just 10 minutes from the city centre is perfect for you!
9 Greenside Mews boasts a spacious open-plan living area, complete with two sofas and a coffee table, and fitted with laminate flooring, making for easy cleaning! The large modern kitchen is fitted with plenty of units for storage, and complete with an oven/hob and extractor fan, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer, providing everything you need in one convenient place.
The bright double bedroom of the apartment benefits from a double bed, and built-in wardrobe for extra storage. The white walls andlaminate flooring provide the perfect blank canvas to really make this room your own! The part-tiled bathroom features a white-three piece suite including shower over bath and vinyl flooring. The apartment also benefits from a secure door entry system, allocated private parking and electric heaters throughout.
This property is situated within a beautifully restored, grade two-listed chapel, and maintains many of its original features creating a truly unique place to live. The Greenside Mews development is located in a quiet residential location, just 10 minutes from Leeds city centre, and within convenient reach of public transport networks. There are many restaurants and bars near the apartment, as well as a supermarket and many green open spaces. You’ll have the best of suburban life and the city life of Leeds, which is home to great shops, live music venues, and amazing nightlife. The apartment is also not far from the Elland Road Stadium, perfect for football fans, and just 10 minutes from White Rose Shopping Centre.
- Buses 38, 11 & 42
- Boudoir Beauty
- Wortley Wine Store
- Western Flatts Park
- Wortley Recreation Ground
- Asda supermarket
- Dixon Lane Post Office
- Headstrong hair salon
- Takeaways – Red Chilli, Roast Tine, China Express, La Fraz, Sisi Pizza,
- Pubs – The Hanover Arms, Dragon, Amalfi Bar, Malt Shovel, The Queen, Butterbowl