Simplify your life week is the perfect time to get organised and streamline your life. Having loads of clutter in your home, and in your mind, can lead to lots of unnecessary stress. So get motivated and follow these tips for a simpler, more relaxed life. You can thank us later!
- Have a big clear out and declutter of your home. Use the throw, keep relocate and donate method to sort out your things
- Having a home for everything will reduce the clutter in your home and make it easier to find things
- Create an entrance hall space for everyday essentials that you need to grab before you leave the house
- Clear shelves and surfaces of any items you don’t use regularly and store them elsewhere
- Have only the essentials in your bathroom to avoid having bottles all around the bath
- Shrink your wardrobe down; if you haven’t worn something in six months (except seasonal clothes or occasion wear) donate it!
- Create a streamlined filing system for all your important documents so you can locate what you need easily
- Use draw dividers to separate your things, it’ll keep everything tidy, in place and easy to grab
- Keep décor minimal – you can have decorations and sentimental pieces, but don’t over clutter, create a relaxing space where everything flows
- Plan the night before so you’re not rushing in the morning: sort your bag, lay out your outfit, prepare food, anything to streamline your morning routine
- Cooking in bulk and meal prepping will give you loads more time in the week and your meals will be all ready for you
- There’s nothing worse than forgetting something important you needed to do, so keep an up-to-date to do list on your phone
- Stop buying things you don’t need! It’ll help you save money and clutter. Wait a while before you by something instead of making impulse purchases
- Create a budget – work out your all of your outgoings for the month to see how much you have left over to play with. Read our previous blog for more on budgeting and saving
- Don’t bring work home, it will only create stress that you don’t need when trying to relax at home and take the time off you need
- Learn that it’s ok to say no sometimes; overwhelming yourself with too many things and trying to please everyone isn’t healthy
- Multi-tasking may seem productive, but you’re more likely to not do the jobs properly; just take one thing at a time and give it your full attention
- If you’re like us, you’ll get annoyed with the hundreds of emails you get every day, most of them you don’t even read! Unsubscribe to everything that’s not of use
- Social networking has taken over our lives and can be a cause of stress; have regular breaks from it and gradually limit your time on it; sounds hard but you’ll feel much better for it!
- Have some alone time every week, and take a bit of time for yourself every day to relax and do something you enjoy!