Let’s face it, deep down we would all love to live the life of a care-free hippie: The not-a-care-in-the- world attitude, relaxed vibes and floaty clothes. Yep. Sounds great. But in reality, it’s not the most practical way of life. Instead, get a little slice of your own hippie heaven with our home decorating tips.
- Hang up beautiful, patterned tapestries around your home to bring colour and character to your rooms (tip: if your renting use command hooks to make sure you get your deposit back!)
- Mix and match textured and printed decorative pillows for a fun and cosy feel
- Channel the exotic hippie vibe by purchasing a vintage Moroccan rug
- Use natural fibre pieces for that down-to-earth style
- Cover your home with super comfy floor pillows; they’ll give you the hippie look and provide extra seating when you have guests
- Crystals are the perfect decorations to help you get in touch with your spiritual side
- Indigo-dyed fabrics are a hippie staple, they evoke feelings of calm and tranquillity
- Always have scented candles and incense sticks (be careful though, you don’t want to burn down your new hippie home)
- Scatter indoor plants around your rooms; they look great and boost productivity
- Hang up fairy lights and paper lanterns to create your own hippy sanctuary of relaxation
- Fill shelves with unique boxes, vases and trinkets that have meaning
Independent and vintage shops, such as Yellow Sunrise in Leeds Corn Exchange, are the perfect places to help furnish your hippie haven, as well as Etsy, Amazon and Hippie Shack. Many high street shops are also getting in on the trend, try: Next, Urban Outfitters, H&M Home and Wilko, depending on your budget.